Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gift Ideas For The Beer Lover In Your Life

Okay I respected the turkey, but Thanksgiving is over.  So even though it's not even December yet, I am going to go ahead and start with the first, of probably many, Christmas posts.  And there will be plenty, because Christmas is my favorite time of the year! 

I thought I'd kick off my Christmas posts with some fun gift ideas for the beer lover in your life.... whether it's your hubby, dad, brother, dad-in-law, friend, or even coworker (assuming you like your coworkers... otherwise just leave them a lump of coal). 


1) Traditional Gift Basket - I don't think I need to go into too much detail.  This is just your typical beer gift basket with your hubby's favorite beer and some beer snacks (peanuts, pretzels, etc...)  You can buy one of these online, but please save your money and make it yourself.  I would recommend wrapping with celophane and raffia. 



2) Beer of the Month Club - You can find various forms of these clubs anywhere on the internet, so shop around if this an option you'd like to explore (or comment below if you can recommend one!)  Each month, the club delivers 12 new and hard-to-find specialty microbrews from award-winning breweries across the country.  (Amount and type of beer varies by club, of course.)  These clubs can be pricey so most offer options like 3 month, 6 month, 12 month, or seasonal (delivery every 3 months) clubs. 

3) Rein-beer - Seriously, how cute are these guys?  No description necessary. 

(World Market carries an impressive line of import microbrews.  You can mix and match to make the 6-pack of your dreams.)

4) Beer Advent Calendar - How fun and creative is this??  And a box of beer just happens to hold 24 beers.  I may have to get my craft on and make this for my hubby... I wonder if I can find 24 different beers.  (This gift would definitely score me a bunch of points with the hubby.  I wonder if it would be enough points to get that purse I have been wanting.  It's definely not enough points to get the camera lens I want, but probably the purse...)


(So after I finished this posting, I asked my hubby to "proofread" it [aka: read how badly I want that purse and camera lens] and he said I should explain what an advent calendar is because he has never heard of one. Seriously?!  Who has never heard of an advent calendar??  (Probably the guy who doesn't want to buy his wife the expensive ass purse she doesn't need.)  In any event, I found a description on Wikipedia, but it is too long to write, so feel free to look it up and read the first 2-3 short paragraphs.  Here's the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advent_calendar  So much for impressing my hubby with a fab gift that was sure to get me a fab purse.) 

5) Beer Holster - Because every guy needs one of these to free up his hands so he can barbeque... or wash the dishes when you ask him to ;) 


6)  Beer Bottle Opener Ring - Feel free to inscribe with a declaration of your love... even though the ring itself shouts "love" from all angles.  World Market sells these bad boys for $5.  You can buy them in bulk for really cheap too at http://www.aliexpress.com/ .  


No need to thank me after your gift has rocked your hubby's socks off.  That's what I'm here for ;)

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally making the reindeer out of Shiner Cheer for my brother this year! He can't get it where he lives.

    I like the advent calendar too! Help get the hubs in the spirit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have perused your , it is exceptionally enlightening and supportive for me.I respect the profitable data you offer in your articles. A debt of gratitude is in order for posting it..
    beer gift baskets

    ReplyDelete