Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Getting My Craft On: Chalkboard Wine Glasses

You may recall my little posting on chalkboard china a couple of weeks ago. Well, a fellow mommy in my mom's group (thanks, Jess!) gave me the brilliant idea of making some chalkboard wine glasses myself!  She recommended Rustoleum's chalkboard spraypaint and, as they say, the rest is history...

Before

After

Who said Santa wants milk with his cookies? This Santa wants a little wine!

I didn't include any "during" pictures, because it really is such a simple do-it-yourself-project.  I bought the glasses at Dollar General for .99 cents each and the Rustoleum cost me $4.50.  (This stuff is great.  You can turn virtually any surface into a chalkboard!)  I used contact paper to wrap the stem so I wouldn't get any paint on it.  I held a piece of cardboard up to cover the glass while I spray-painted the base with my other hand.  (Let paint dry 24 hours before writing on it with chalk.  I learned that the hard way when I got eager to take pictures of Santa's wineglass.)

These are going under the tree for a certain sister I know...


I think I might do some stemless wine glasses like the one pictured below.  The carafe is cute too!




And if you're really lazy, you can just buy some vinyl chalkboard decals!

Happy crafting!

3 comments: