Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms

If you like stuffed mushrooms, you will love this recipe.  These are soooo good.  I had them at a friend's house and then she sent me the recipe (by Pioneer Woman).  I made them last night and they were a big hit with everyone... including my hubby who does not like mushrooms! 

This recipe is so easy, but I'm not going to lie... so time consuming.  It's mostly because of the chopping up of several of the ingredients into tiny pieces.  If you don't mind that, you will think this is a piece of cake.

I didn't include many pictures because the Pioneer Woman does a good enough job of that for you.  Here are the ingredients you will need:

24 oz large mushrooms
1/3 cup white wine
1/3 lb breakfast sausage
1/2 yellow onion
4 gloves garlic
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 egg yolk
1 package cream cheese
salt
pepper


The instructions (and step-by-step pictures) can be found here:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/08/stuffed-mushrooms-baby/


I bought three containers of the large mushrooms.  Cleaned them well (mushrooms are so dirty!), popped off the stems, and chopped the stems into itty-bitty tiny pieces...

This is what the completed mixture (stuffing) looks like after you've added all of the ingredients.

The recipe makes quite a bit of mixture.  I didn't know how far it would go so I topped off each mushroom before going back and piling the mixture in a nice generous heaping atop each mushroom. 

Each mushroom ended up getting a pretty generous helping.  Here's how mine looked right before going into the oven...

And here's the finished product.  Delicious!  I highly recommend.  I think next time I may make the mixture the day before.  I was trying to be too ambitious and I was running around making ten different things that day.  Also, I am no cook, so I am a little slower in the kitchen than most! 

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment