Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cooties

You know what drives me bonkers?  Besides people who bring 30 items up to the "10 and under" line at the grocery store for check-out?  People who bring their sick, coughing, hacking, snotty-nosed kids to a public kids area.  Believe me people...  Nobody, and I mean nobody, wants to see your sick and snot-faced child show up to story time at the public library... or the playground at Chick-Fil-A... or the Children's Museum... or church daycare... or the weekly playdate.  Please keep your @$$ at home!     

Nobody thinks this is cute... not even his grandparents think this is cute.  I promise you... everyone else is annoyed the minute you show up with cootie-pants.  So please keep your sick baby at home, give him plenty of juice/meds/love/hugs/kisses, and stay temporarily away from the rest of us until he is better.  Then we will be more than happy for our kids to play with yours, and we won't go running for the hills.... like I did today when someone's sick kid wiped his green snot onto his hands and then transferred it to the slide my son was sitting on.  As if those things aren't dirty enough, her kid had to add a handful of green mucus to the slide.  Kind of like the kid at church daycare yesterday with green crusted boogars on his nose who was walking around sneezing on everyone.  Jesus will understand if you stay home because your child is sick.  The rest of us parents, however?  We don't understand your negligence or stupidity.  Stay home! 

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! There isn't much than annoys me more! I think it's selfish of the parents because they want to get out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And it must be noted that my word verification for that comment was "mucus." No lie.

    ReplyDelete